Email Marketing vs Social Media Marketing… Are you wondering which one is better for your business? Let us shed some light on that.
Both marketing techniques have their own advantages and based on your marketing goals, one or the other might be a better fit. Here are the benefits of each:
- Although time-consuming at times, creating and maintaining an email list can be done easily with a well thought out strategic plan.
- There’s a low cost compared to other forms of direct marketing.
- Campaigns are easy to track, and ROI is measurable.
- Email Marketing uses the “push” strategy rather than the “pull.”
- If done correctly, it can foster repeat business.
- Opt-in features make email a consensual marketing tactic.
- Email marketing makes personalized messages possible.
- Using Email gives you the ability to build credibility by sharing informative and helpful material.
- Additionally, Email gives you the ability to stay top of mind and keeps people engaged during your busy and slow seasons of the year.
When it comes to a form of communication, email marketing has an advantage. You can communicate using social media as well, but emails are typically a more serious and professional way of communication.
Social Media Marketing:
- You can potentially collect large amounts of “fans”, “followers” and “likes.”
- Social Media creates opportunities to network and engage a broad spectrum of individuals.
- There is little to no cost (excluding paid advertising).
- Campaigns are measurable.
- Social Media is instantaneous and you’re able to collect immediate feedback from your customers.
- Generating brand awareness has never been easier with Social Media Marketing
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is improved by the use of Social Media
- You can gather vital information about your audience using social media platforms.
- You can direct your ads and posts to specific target audiences.
- Communicating and engaging your audience via Social Media allows you to better your customer satisfaction.
- By creating a following on social media, you are improving your brand loyalty.
- You’re are able to share content faster and easier than ever before.
- You can create a personable voice and feel for your brand. (If you have no idea what we’re talking about, check out Wendy’s Twitter account).
- By posting regularly and consistently, you are able to stay top of mind with your customers.
- Every brand runs into issues along the way… social media makes crisis management easy, efficient and effective.
Although there are many benefits to both marketing options, why choose when you can do both? Social Media Marketing and Email Marketing can work hand in hand. Social Media is a fantastic way to build your email list. You can read more on how to do this here.